Accident and Sickness
VFIS of Ohio has provided benefits for fire departments and firefighters across Ohio for over 30 years. Volunteering for a local fire service is generous and selfless thing to do but families have put a lot on the line when their family member responds to a call. To help ease these burdens departments are purchasing Accident and Sickness Policies. The VFIS Accident and Sickness is endorsed and sponsored by the Ohio State Firefighter’s Association, members of the association will receive a 15% discount.
• Covers all classes of membership.
• Accident and Illness coverage for normal duties
• HIV Lump sum living Benefit.
• Weekly Disability Benefits
• Lifetime Weekly Benefit for severe Permanent Physical Impairments
• Loss of Life Benefits
• Spousal Benefit for windows/widowers
• Dependent Child Benefit
• Safety Vest Benefit
• Military Loss of Life Benefit
• Memorial Benefit paid to Department.
• Occupational retraining Benefit
• Medical Expense
• Felonious Assault Benefit
• Family Expense Benefit
• Coordinated 28 benefit.
• Special Events Rider
• Team Sports Rider
• 24 Hour Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• OFF-Duty Accidental Death and Dismemberment